HostGator.com Overview

Hostgator Bio

Hostgator, founded in 2002 is one of top shared hosting companies, ranking consistently among the best by most of the review sites. What makes hostgator stand out from the crowd is their excellent support and customer friendliness. If you are not satisfied with the support, you could even get hostgator president Brent Oxley to personally take a look at your problem.

Recently hostgator went green, probably making them the first main stream host to do so. They purchase renewable energy credits up to 130% of their total power consumption.

Hostgator Features Specs

Hostgator offers linux hosting only(even though they are expected to start windows hosting in the near future). All their packages come with all the features needed for a serious website. Baby and Swamp packages allow unlimited domains(add on), which makes a lot of sense if you have multiple websites. They use cPanel, which is the best control panel around. You get Fantastico script installer which will install most of the popular open source scripts with few clicks.

They support PHP4 & 5, SSH, Cron jobs, Python, Ruby On Rails etc. Also, all the packages include enough POP3 accounts(20 for Hatchling and unlimited for others).

Performance Report

Hostgator host their sites on top-of-the-line Dual Xeon servers in their data centers (thePlanet) at Dallas. The data centers are well equipped and connects to 10 backbone providers. They offer 99.9% uptime Guarantee which is the industry standard.


Real Hostgator User Feedback

  • I switched to Hostgator after about two (2) years with a competitor of theirs. I don't want to say who the competitor is but I must say that Hostgator has them beat by 100% and for just half the cost. The support is second to none and thew down time is non existent. I would recommend the 'Baby' level of hosting at Hostgator to anyone!
  • I purchased recently 3 domain names and 3 hosting services of different providers. I must say Hostgator has been a nice discovery for me. I am really satisfied with their extremely good service, their fast responses for all my questions about the services they provide (and I have asked a lot of things and doubts). Hostgator, in my opinion and based on my experience, is a high quality choice.
  • After terrible experiences with other hosting companies I switched to HostGator a year ago and I couldn't be happier. Transferring my site was easy, email setup a breeze, and best of all there has been NO downtime! Customer service is polite and solved my billing issue promptly. Highly recommended.
Please post comments regarding you're personal experiences!

1 comment:

  1. This is the result we wanted to be # 1 in the cheap web hosting provider, it would help. We have over 10 years of experience in web hosting and help you find the best solution for your hosting needs and wanted to use HostGator Hosting that knowledge. There is no such thing as the best web host, best web hosting for your needs is the host.

    ReplyDelete